Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>ahh i was purusing around on auto trader and found a 1990 celica gt with 155000 miles on it for 1850! Only problem is that right now Im not exactly rich, and its proving difficult to get my mom to realize that I want to sell mine and buy it. I am conacting him for info on it. I got a 1990 st with 190000 miles for 2100, put in a new radiator and battery. It kbbs around 2400, but i think the ding/scratch i put it in last week could lower that value some. Neways I think its a deal and was wondering if you guys think I should go for it. I had my car inspected by some guy at a garage before I bought it, he ran a ton of tests on it and checked it out for 100 bux. He said the car was very sound. I would probably want to find a guy near this car where I could do that. Its like 60 miles away, and thats making my mother a little iffy about it too.

So what do you all think, should i go for it? also, is the hatchback the same as the lift back?

thanks</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
<font color='#000000'>A 1990 with 155,000 miles on it if not properly taken care of may need a new engine, a transmission rebuild, a radiator or a timing belt.  All can be costly as you know.  But to get rid of your 190,000 mile ST with 103 hp..... :glare:   I say go for it if you can pull it off.  
 Check www.autotrader.com and see if you can find anything closer and cheaper.  Go for it.  You will have 130hp instead of 103hp plus less miles.  A liftback is a notchback and that is not a hatchback.  Understand?  a liftback is a Celica with a trunk and not a hatch.  
  You might get lucky and the car is still decent and may not need to much fixing, but some people overly logical like your mom would rather keep what you already know about.  You know what is wrong with your car and know you are taking a risk to get a new car and know nothing about it, but I know why you want it.   Try to convince her.  It might work out...... It is a gamble though, but could be worth it.  I would go for it.   :grin:</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts