Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Celcia GT 2.2 with a 5 speed manual tranny and I just replaced the clutch.  Right now my shifter is the way of my stereo and I was thinking of making it a short shifter.  I remember seeing something about this on this message board in the past.  Can anybody help me with any info on this.
Thanks,
Matt

G

·
I don't know what mod you are talking about, but there is a mod where you can replace the stock shifter with one off a 7th genneration it gives it a better throw .You might want to try a GT-S shifter from 90 it is angled more to the driver and 5th gear isn't way out in nowhere. Another mod you might try would be to use a AE92 Corola shifter it will be right up near your stearing wheel. But in my opinion never hack away at your stock shifter, chances are it will be a short throw but a HEAVY one. I stuck with a TWM short shifter because it is short and light. But you need to check others out before you commit to one you need to find the one that best fits your style. Hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
i have a 1990 as well, i chopped my shifter, my problem was i couldnt use the cup holder well.... any way my throw is a lot less, it is a tad bit harder to shift but in my oponion i like it, and have no problem shifting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts