Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hello, I am new and need some serious help here. I am looking to modify my 1984 Celica GT-S Coupe. It is a standard and I have a 2.4 Litre 22RE engine with about 230k miles on it. I was wondering this:

What turbo motors can I put in it and what exactly will I have to replace if I get one?

Can I go with a Chevy Motor? Like a small V-8. Chevy motors are less expensive and generate alot of power. What would I need to replace if i went with this?

I just need to know what I need to replace if I swap an engine. I am tired of 4x4 trucks beating my car in races. I WANT SOMETHING BADASS AND UNIQUE! Not everyday you see a celica beat a Camaro.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>awww.. thanks meryem....
ok I know the 22re isnt a high hp engine. but you want to swap a chevy engine in there??? well for starters if it bolted in id be against it.

but it wont the motor mounts are totally different the tranny axles rear everything is different it wouldnt be worth you time.
turbo kits.. i dont think any are made for that car, u could make one, but it would cost a lot and parts wouldnt be able to be found.
22re's have a ton of mods made cheap! you could get a cam for under 300 bucks for that, I have to pay over 800 for a set! fact is there is a ton of aftermarket parts available for that engine, and they are all so much cheaper. I would have a field day with that engine. So I would keep the engine, built it for a higher compression have some head work done. get a cam, crank, header ect.... and youll spend a lot less then someone with a 5sfe, or 3sgte, youll find all the parts in a phone call and youll be happy with what you get.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts