Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>well, uhh.. i would like to run time for my car but problem is that i dont know any strip for that, drag strip is far far away and i'm not sure can those be used (anyway its impossible for me because of distance).  :oops:

so has anyone ideas how i could get time
my car is stock but i would like to know its performance...

i'm not so serious about getting perfect time, just for fun and curiosity  :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I've heard of a special guage they sell for your car, called a g-tech or something like that, so you can measure it yourself, but I'm not sure where you can get them...  You could also get on an empty street or parking lot with a buddy, measure out a 1/4 mile, and have him time you with a stopwatch, though I don't know how accurate that would be.  
o:   The guage would be your best bet but I think they run about $200  :oops:  I can look into it if you want...  
</font>

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Thanks Meryem, my "experiment" would be enough exact with stopwatch i think,
besides that kinda thing is sooo expensive and i just would like to make time for fun, also i bet those cost here much much more.

but yeah i see what i can do at summer  because now is mid winter and no way to try anything  :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
86 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Hey Jaz,

buy yourself a GPS  :D
A friend of mine has one of these things, we're going to test it on Monday, the 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile and even some progressive accelaration as 60-100km/h at 3rd gear.

Will let you know, if it's of any good.

But you can start with watches!</font>

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font color='#348EA9'>i have GPS.. its little older, but i dont get idea how it would help, it shows speed yes... what am i missing.

another thing i figured out is use my digital camera that has video function, start record before hitting gas and give voice mark or something when i have 100km/h (acceleration) or quarter mile driven, then on computer i can examine that video and get pretty exact time because it camera takes 15 fps so one second divided in 15 parts gives pretty exact time... for me.

i mean i only has to go video thru frame by frame, program i have shows time in every frame so i will get time with 0.067 second accuracy.</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>those gages run around 250$ but there cool becuse they also give you your rt and gas milage and a buch of stuff you dont need to know but i dont have one becuse im poor
but im going to get one this summer when i can work more....
also no track anywere nere here so i resorted to a stop whach and it was way off said i hit a 14.8 and thats just not possibal</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts