Toyota Celica Forum banner

03 GT-S Build Thread

39715 Views 103 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Light Force
=================================
2003 Toyota Celica GT-S
=================================

Intro Hey everyone! I'm sure you know me since I've been active around here since June 2013. I own a silver 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S bought with 171k miles, now has 180k. Car has some issues, like a large dent on the fender, crack in bumper, scratches, tiny bits of rust here and there, large rips on the seats, etc. Here's some photos of my girl.

I've been keeping records of oil changes, etc. I've put in new iridium plugs, bought seat covers, new sun visors (mine didn't come with any!), wipers, replaced the hatch lifts with some higher end ones. I also tinted my own windows (great achievement). Got a new battery too.

WISH LIST

*Appearance mods*

- Fender repair ($150 for fender, $150 for paint job for it)
- Bumper repair ($50-150)
- Possible color change (kinda like red, cost around $1000)
- CF wrap hood (I like the way it looks, be a fun DIY project)
- Painted Brake Caliper (red, looks nice)
- Tsunami spoiler
- Lowering springs (2 inch, 04GTS convinced me since it's only around $200)
- Possibly re-tint my windows (I want to go darker)
- Fog lights
- CF interior pieces

*Engine/mechanical stuffs*

- Tranny oil change at 200k
- K & N filter ($30 not an intake, just a filter for stock air box)
- Antenna fixed/replaced (my motor died... :/)
- Fuel filter (just maintenance thing I want done)
- New muffler/exhaust
- Serpentine belt replacement

*Additional things*
- Jack Stands
- Ramps

*I was gonna make my own ramps out of wood, I am young (21) so I don't really have things for cars and would like to get established.

Thanks guy's! A lot of these things are going to be done in the spring, but I figured I will keep you guys updated with this build-thread!
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Glad I could convince you. After you lower, you should throw some spacers on the list. 10-15mm up front and 15-20 in the back.
If you're going to paint the car red, paint your calipers the same red. It'll accent nicely.
Thanks for the input guys.

@04GTS- Good idea, seems like a simple install and will add to the car, definitely gonna add to list.

@Fox- The red I wanna go with is just the regular Celica red, so I'll definitely accent the brake calipers with that.
Just make sure you get longer studs. Bang em out, slide new ones in with brake grease, an suck them in with an impact gun. Less than 10 minutes a hub.
Just make sure you get longer studs. Bang em out, slide new ones in with brake grease, an suck them in with an impact gun. Less than 10 minutes a hub.
For the spacers?
Yes. Make sure you don't get too long of a stud. At bare minimum, you should be able to turn your but at least 2 full rotations otherwise it will fall off. However, too much stud can result in wobbling and finally breaking your stud.
@Fox, Thanks man. It will probably be kinda towards the end of my list, but i'll definitely do it.

@5aprilC. Thanks :) They need to be repainted though
My first snow storm with her.

Also I just bought some stuff for an oil change. (2nd one shes had from me)
See less See more
I wish it snowed a little here. :)
Looking good.
A little is the key word. You guys wouldn't want the amount of **** that we get.
A little is the key word. You guys wouldn't want the amount of **** that we get.
I do. I found some pretty narly mud and snow tires for my 86.
Where I live, we get a light dusting of maybe 2" at once. Up north from me by about an hour drive, it gets anywhere from a foot to 6 feet of snow.
Yeah, but tomorrow is gonna freeze all that rain we got... which is gonna suck
Yeah, but tomorrow is gonna freeze all that rain we got... which is gonna be awesome for drifting
Fixed it for ya
Today I put in my heated seats. It wasn't too difficult and i'm going to do a write-up for it soon. Here's some pics. :D

I think it looks pretty OEM, which is what I was going for.

So... what did you guys do today :p
See less See more
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.