User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default car runs bad, wont accelerate and sputters

hi, i picked up my son a car at auction and the drive back was an adventure.. its throwing a P0171 code.. running lean so my first guess because its running so bad is the pump, regulator or filter but ill do the normal tune up and vacuum leak diagnostic first.. was wonder the best way to tie into the fuel line to hook up a fuel pressure tester.. any ideas and help are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

P0171 is misfring cyl 1, may be just plugs contact contaminated or oxidized, bad ignition coil, damaged wires, or dead plug.

To trouble shoot, swap the ignition coil from cyl 1 to 2. If you have P0172 then the fault is with the ignition coil. Clean it up, repair or replace.

If you still have P0171, then the fault is with plug or wire in cyl 1. clean, repair or replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislb75 View Post
hi, i picked up my son a car at auction and the drive back was an adventure.. its throwing a P0171 code.. running lean so my first guess because its running so bad is the pump, regulator or filter but ill do the normal tune up and vacuum leak diagnostic first.. was wonder the best way to tie into the fuel line to hook up a fuel pressure tester.. any ideas and help are appreciated.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PO301 is misfiring of cylinder 1, PO171 is running lean.
Fuel supply likely issue, fuel pressure test requires special fitting for Celica.
I changed my fuel filter and it was still an issue, so then I changed the fuel pressure requlator, both were inexpensive 45$ and 15$ and issue has since gone away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page