Toyota Celica Forum banner

Wheel help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  elliotgofast 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I love how as a community we can all help each other out! That is the amazing thing about the car community!
My name is Kelvin Calderon! I've owned a 1999 celica GT for over a year and I'm finally ready to do some work to it!

I have the automatic and it's the hatchback (which I love!, wish it was stick tho). Its black and black interior, and it's all stock.
The first thing I want to do is new wheels! I am on a budget but I want to do wheels because I hate the huge wheel gap!

So I wanted to some help on the wheels, does anyone know that bolt pattern for my car? And also does anyone know if I need to get wheels with offset so that my wheels are flush with my body. I don't want them sticking out tho, just flush.

I am thinking of doing either 16×8 or 17×8 because I definitely want thicker tires but I don't want them to look too big on the car.
And does anyone know of more affordable coilovers that give a pretty good ride and good performance? I don't want the car to ride too hard hahaha.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help!

See less See more
#3 ·
I run 05-10 Toyota Scion TC wheels on my 94 ST. They are 17in and you can usually get them on craigslist with tires for less than $200. They do require special lug nuts so try to get those from the junk yard. I've been using cheap off the shelf "MAG" lug nuts for years without issue but they don't have the raised area that centers the lug nut in the hole. I have at least 50,000 miles on my setup without issue. The discount tire website has a tire size calculator that is really good. You might have to search around for it because it is buried. I found a menu link in the bottom menu off the home page. I believe the stock scion tire size is close enough to the Celica size so your speedometer is only off by a couple mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.