Toyota Celica Forum banner

1989 celica gt no heat

10K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  lorr1019 
#1 ·
I have a 1989 celica gt that has stopped blowing heat! when i bought the car it didnt have heat but i just moved the control valve under hood manually and heat was doin fine(just had heat on all the time) last week it stopped blowing heat suddenly I have replaced thermostat and radiator cap since then and flushed system out the hose going into heater core is hot and one coming back out is also?? someone at parts tore said he has heard if your ac condensor is blocked that air will not be able to pss over heater core??? any suggestions welcome thanks

#2 ·
You have 5 problems to fix

1. The heater valve needs replacing
2. You need to re-solder the joints on the back of your heater control (all of them!)
3. The resistor in the blower motor may have blown, replace it
4. The dash flaps need to have the seals replaced or it won't flow air properly anymore,
you have no control over where air is going?
5. The AC unit acts as a filter and can block up with leaves, you will hear them making a noise
and I have devised a simple method to remove them

These are common faults and well documented over on the st162.net site
There is even instructions on how to replace the flap seals using old car tubes on my car thread

#3 ·
i second stig.
st162.net is a great site and can be very beneficial if used for the right and correct reasons.
check it out. it might take you in the right direction. betting going there than going at it blind. that way you if you second guess yourself the forum can confirm your fear of the heating issue you have

#4 ·
QUOTE (kevinkyang @ Mar 21 2010, 11:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=185973
i second stig.
st162.net is a great site and can be very beneficial if used for the right and correct reasons.
check it out. it might take you in the right direction. betting going there than going at it blind. that way you if you second guess yourself the forum can confirm your fear of the heating issue you have[/B]

#5 ·
QUOTE (bassgt @ Mar 23 2010, 06:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=186007
QUOTE (kevinkyang @ Mar 21 2010, 11:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=185973
i second stig.
check it out. it might take you in the right direction. betting going there than going at it blind. that way you if you second guess yourself the forum can confirm your fear of the heating issue you have[/B]
[/B][/QUOTE]

thanks for the info will definately check it out

#7 ·
this might help - I took some pictures when I re-soldered mine 6 months ago. You can see the failed solder. I also lifted a trace - so that's the big blob to fix the lift.
I didn't do all of them so I missed a few issues and had to take it out several times. So basically re-flow all of them to save yourself headaches.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.