post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Angry Car ownership and Toyota Dealership headaches

I have a 2004 Celica GT manual that I bought new in 04. It's been a fun and reliable ride for me and I love this little thing . It even sat for 4 years in my driveway and after a somewhat modest but affordable bill to get it running again, it's back to being a fun, reliable ride that I intend to have for as long as it lasts. I also had it painted and upgraded the rims and tires to 17". I did recently have to replace the cv joints, rack and pinion, and also power steering pump (well, it is 15 now), but the biggest issue I have had mostly through this is how Courtesy Toyota in Tampa FL treated me and my car when I took it to them for a second opinion through this mess from Pep Boys who did a horrendous job on the repair of the power steering (I bought this car new from this very dealership in 04). They quoted the wrong parts to be replaced (back shoes needed to be replaced, not the fronts like the text/mechanic told me) and also told me my 3 year old drive belt was cracked. I did have them replace the cv joints though. I refused to replace the belt and took it to yet another mechanic who with pictures showed me that the wrong brakes were quoted and also informed me that my drive pully had been bent during the process of having the cv joints replaced. I had them fix my car instead and its good as new. I will never buy another car from Toyota again after this is all said and done, let alone have them touch it for maintenance. At this point I am looking into this legally.

You have more talent in one lug nut than a lot of cars have in their whole body. But you're stupid.

- Strip "The King" Weathers
Cars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page