Engine swap - Page 3 - Toyota Celica Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 11:22 AM
97-juSTin

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

[COLOR=red]OK, I'm new here and I have a 97 Celica ST. Yeah, it's only got 105 horses right now but money is really no option. I want to know the best way to beef up my car. I definitely want my baby to be a sleeper car. Engine swaps? Turbos? Lemme know what you guys think. Oh, and smog specs. are of no concern!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we'll some guy just sent his car here to miami from illinoi so my mechanic can do a 3sgte swap to it... thats a minimal of 250hp... and you can easily up the boost ... and do all kinds of other #### to teh car... call jamasco 954 985 9958. or if you want something a little closer... there is a place in tampa that does the swap too... thier price is more exact... they have different packadges and stuff... thier webstie is... http://www.xatracing.com/index.html go there, find what you like and enjoy... but for you defenetly 3sgte swap... most power and reliablity... also get water injection for your 3sgte.

Mina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 08:32 AM
97-juSTin

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Thanks a WHOLE lot, Mina! It shouldn't take me long to get this swap underway. You seem to be the all-knowing around here. How long does this swap take, do you know? The prices on that site you gave me were alot cheaper than what I had expected. Thanks again!

----------------------
Destroying Hondas one car at a time...Toyota!

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 PM

what kinda swaps can i do to a 92 celica st man
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Guru

same you can do to 94+ ... its same engine and everything...

Mina

post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 12:28 AM

ok, everyone is talking about this 3sgte engine. and i've got more questions. i have 7th generation celica, and i want to my GT engine for 3sgte all trac turbo. questions: will it work? can i make it AWD? my car is an automatic, at the same time can i make it manual? i've been lookin around at prices for engine itself, seeing $1000 to $1500....is that a good price for 92-93 3sgte all trac turbo? and also is that the best engine swap to make? seems like thats the engine with most raw stock power. is that true?

Keyser 1
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 02:19 AM

time for the newbie to take his swing at the dead horse...

ok, I've read up on this thread and the other pages on the site about the vaunted 3S-GTE swap, so somebody tell me if I'm understanding this wrong:

a 5th gen celica will take the 3S-GTE swap, but it should not use the stock transmission. The GT and GTS has correct engine mounts for the swap, the ST will require new/custom engine mounts (how rare/how much)?

Is the following a reasonable path:

1. Purchase a 90-93 Celica ST (can't find or afford GT/GTS for my $1,650)
2. Sock away $$$
3. Later purchase a 2nd gen 3S-GTE engine with transmission both sourced from an MR2 (found this package on jspec site for $1,300 unshipped)
4. Find an experienced shop to drop it in
5. Wheeeeeeee!

missing steps? the jspec site says it includes engine, tranny, ecu, wires, etc. but are they assuming I have a GT or GTS? How much of a headache (expressed in time and/or dollars) am I asking for by going with the ST as my base? I hate to do it, but I don't see a lot of GTs floating around for under 2 grand. I sent an e-mail to xatracing.com to see what they say, but they might sense that I'm broke and ignore me (can't blame 'em). thougts?
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Guru

that works...

mina

post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 04:06 AM

When you say "that works", do you mean "that works" as a bolt in (with engine mounts that cost ?) or "that works" as in "with enough money and bay space, you can swap anything"?

Have you guys heard of anybody whose done a 3S-GTE swap into a 5th gen ST ?

I understand it would be better to have the GT/GTS trim, but most of the celicas in my price range and area are ST. Tough, but true. I'd just hate to plunk down my meager cash for a base ST vehicle and then find that it will never have the potential of the GT/GTS version. If I knew that the ST could take the 3S-GTE without custom fabrication or thousands more than the GT would have taken, it would be a better buy for me.

I guess my question in a nutshell is: assuming an MR2 engine and tranny, how much harder is it to swap into an ST than a GT, other than engine mounts?

(and how hard is it to buy/find the engine mounts?)
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 06:24 PM

ok, I contact xatracing.com in floria, that sells the 3S-GTE swap as a package, and with regard to the ST 5th gen for the swap, they say

"it will fit but there would be some mods made"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page