LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Red91GT
(Thread Starter)

<font color='#3BB9FF'>I'm getting tired of my 91s blockey bulky tail lights. Does anyone know if the taillights from a 1993 would go in a 91 without any problems. I've noticed the 93s have a lot cooler looking taillights.</font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Old Timer

<font color='#348EA9'>91 and 93 are both 5th generation models.. so i dont see any problems in those, however i wonder why 91 has different lights than 93 *???
in my opinion those should be same tail light in all 5th gen years.</font>

-
-
-
-
-

Everything is OK with Vodka ; )
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 07:07 PM

<font color='#8D38C9'>Actually, they do sometimes change the way the lights are in the same generation Jani. *For instance, the 7th gen stock taillights are different in 2003 and 2004 models, but at least they still fit the original space. *I could take 03 tails and bolt them right in...

As for you Red91GT, I dunno how that'll work out.
91 GT:

93 GT:

Unless you get a whole new trunk lid, I dunno what you're gonna do about the rest of that strip that goes in the middle above the plate. *Is it 3 pieces? ??? *Maybe you could take the center out and have it molded or fiber glassed or something..</font>

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Send a message via MSN to Hammer Send a message via Yahoo to Hammer

<font color='#008080'>'91 GT Liftback

'92 GT Liftback

Ok... Hard to explain, but will make sense...

The tail-lights changed for the '92-93 5th Gen Celica's, but likely only in design... * * *

Meryem posted a picture of a '91 Liftback, and a '93 Coupe [which is the reason the tail-lights shape near the trunk is different, (rounded where they meet the trunk lid)] * *

If you have a '91 Coupe, a set of tail-lights from a '92 or '93 Coupe should fit... * As they all have a trunk lid, and should all have that rounded edge in the inside... * * * *

If you have a '91 Liftback, a set of tail-lights from a '92 or '92 Liftback should fit... *They all have the same flat line from the hatch going across the tail-lights... and the tail-lights themselves have square corners in the inside...

So as long as you stick with your own model, I think you should be alright...</font>

Fully Loaded 2004 Mazda RX8 GT <~> Velocity Red with Black/Red 2-tone Leather <~> 6-Speed MT
18x8.5 Rims w/ 235/40-18 Tires in front... 18x9.5 Rims w/ 265/35-18 Tires in back (Federal SS595)
Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake <~> Rotary13b1.com Fender Strakes, Rotary Accents <~> TWM Shiftknob
Kicker Class D Amp w/ 2 MTX Series 8000 Subwoofers <~> Optima Yellow Top <~> Tinted Windows
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 10:43 PM

<font color='#8D38C9'>Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for having a 7th gen! *But also, you didn't specify whether your celi's a coupe or liftback.

You seem to know what you're talking about, I think you should be able to do it. *If the lights are the same shape then it should fit fine. </font>

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Send a message via MSN to Hammer Send a message via Yahoo to Hammer

<font color='#008080'>LOL *

Meryem, I'm "Hammer" *not "Red91GT" * * * I have a '92 GT Liftback... * *And i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just trying to help him out like you were * *

Heh... I think he should be alright as well as long as he uses the newer tail-lights from the same model, because I followed a '90-'91 GT-S the other day for a few minutes and the lights only look cosmetically different.

Hmmm And I FINALLY get my car back from the body shop tomorrow... * Can't wait. * Prolly update my cardomain page within the next few days if it is nice out!</font>

Fully Loaded 2004 Mazda RX8 GT <~> Velocity Red with Black/Red 2-tone Leather <~> 6-Speed MT
18x8.5 Rims w/ 235/40-18 Tires in front... 18x9.5 Rims w/ 265/35-18 Tires in back (Federal SS595)
Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake <~> Rotary13b1.com Fender Strakes, Rotary Accents <~> TWM Shiftknob
Kicker Class D Amp w/ 2 MTX Series 8000 Subwoofers <~> Optima Yellow Top <~> Tinted Windows
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 12:26 PM

<font color='#8D38C9'>OOPS! *ops:
Hehehe sorry about that Hammer, I usually don't mix people up. *And I wasn't trying to be a b!tch either

I think he'll be okay too, as long as it the same model and trim on the car...

Hope you get some nice pics up soon! *What happened to your car, why was it in the shop?</font>

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Old Timer

<font color='#008080'>My mother backed into it this winter while I was gone away for hockey... * *Broke it up some in the front right quarter panel. * The paint was getting pretty bad all over so it's being all completely redone. * *

She broke my right park light (near the headlight) and We tried ordering a new one here for the past few weeks, and the retards sent us a corner lense for the bumper *??? * *I'm not too pleased about that because we planned on having everything finished tomorrow sometime. *But looks like i'm going to have to go with a piece missing from that park light for a while, and that is pissing me off. * *I see some on procarparts.com, but they aren't the original carbon-fiber looking material...

But anyways...</font>

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 09:20 PM

<font color='#8D38C9'>Dude! *Your mom backed up into your celi too?? *My mom backed into mine last year, had to get my left front fender replaced, right above the front tire... I guess it's the same spot your mom hit on your car too. *I feel your pain *Glad to hear you're getting it all taken care, hope you find a parking light soon, I hear their tough to find. *
Check out http://www.partznet.com *They have a lot of stuff other places don't have, the site is a little tough to navigate though, lemme know if you have any problems and I'll check it out and try to get you a direct link </font>

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Old Timer

<font color='#008080'>Thanx for the site... Wasn't hard to navigate at all compared to many others i've been to... * * * The car is pretty much done now, aside from some tint and that light. (3/4 of the light is still intact and on the car, just a small piece of it is broke off)

* I took some pictures with my ###### webcam/digital cam today and i'm very disappointed in the turn out, Took them before I lowered it too lol. *The car in most of the pics looks bright, faded orange, and in others looks red, and you can't center the picture by looking through the lense... lol I'll get my friends good digital cam and take some good ones after I get the windows tinted and some other little things done to it.</font>

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page