Baddu, there can be a lot of contributors. Stress can be a big contributor. If you can, minimize time with people whom you perceive has projecting negative energy your way. The times you can't, just accept them and try not to take it personal. Many people are really self-centered, especially the deeper the relationship is supposed to be. Brisk walking is one of the best exercises. Knee bends / squats are good as well. Find ways to release the pent up tension that life is so good at driving into us.
What does stress do? It depletes magnesium and water soluble minerals. Chronic stress promotes metallothionein, which binds up copper. Did you know that copper is the only element that can split oxygen and produce energy, as well as the only element that energizes the enzymes to clear the exhaust of producing energy? If not, don't feel bad, your doctor doesn't even know, but scientific researchers in the field know this. Low cellular energy and subpar enzymatic function will result in subpar hormonal production and neurotransmitter production because all hormones and neurotransmitters are created by enzymes. And many enzymes rely on Mg-ATP and minerals depleted from the soils since before we were even born! And NPK fertilizer, saturated with mineral chelating pesticides (glyphosate in GMO RoundUp) can't possibly yield many minerals to the food supply.
BTW, did you notice I said Mg-ATP, and not just ATP? That's right, ATP, the supposed "cellular energy currency" is actually a complete dud... until it is energized with an atom of magnesium! Your doctor doesn't know this, either, nor does s/he know that many, many drugs work to deplete magnesium status (but boost systemic profits!).
Startpage.com search "Magnesium in biology." Read the first paragraph -- it is admitted that ATP is NOTHING, and Mg-ATP is EVERYTHING, but it isn't extrapolated into practice by the "authority"...
But magnesium doesn't just activate every instance of ATP in you body (think about that for a moment, then consider magnesium isn't even listed on standard nutrition labels!), it also activates 3,751 proteins in the human body. This is called the "magnesome." Magnesium plays a key role in almost every aspect of vitamin D metabolism -- which is, like everything that is a "wellness (profit minimization) / illness (profit maximization) lever," hidden in the scientific literature.
So, what is your magnesium and copper status? Now that's a question that maybe only a dozen or so allopathic doctors will ever even contemplate asking in the history of the world! Even though this is basic mitochondrial biochemistry/physiology.
Your cellular phospholipid layer is supposed to hold a charge to draw in nutrients while expelling exhaust. Are you eating quality fats, or lots of denatured seed oils and trans fats? I pretty only ingest Udo's Oil, which I vacuum seal and store in the refrigerator. I cook with clarified butter or water.
There is a lot to applying biochemistry to promote familial wellness, but it is also very interesting information. Keep in mind that we don't just get a genetic download from our mom and dad, we also get an EPIGENETIC DOWNLOAD entirely from our mother! This isn't discussed, but there it is... for all to see! Women about to have babies used to be fed the most nutrient dense food in the tribe, or group. How much more active was their brain then ours! Do we really think a succession of mothers eating nutrient-free, toxin laden processed food will produce well and vibrant children? That's insanity, no? But one has to be THINKING to even process that line of logic.
The two main things I focus on are:
1. Getting my magnesium status up. Bicarbonate and boron help facilitate this, and it is no easy task in a dysregulated body that has a long history of matrilineal dysregulation (whether boy or girl, both get their epigenetic download from mom). Magnesium malate is a good form for many people. Some like magnesium glycinate, I like making magnesium bicarbonate and adding it to my drinking water (recipe on toxinless.com). I actually add potassium bicarbonate to it after I make it, and then add a little boron to my water, too. Occasionally, I will add some organic sulfur, but I didn't right away. Start slowly. Rubbing magnesium oil in the skin, epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) baths, and warm water foot soaks with 1 ounce of magnesium oil are all pretty good, too. They are very relaxing.
2. Getting my bio-copper status up. Remember, both magnesium and bio-copper drive the engine of cellular energy, as well as contribute the most to proper enzymatic function. I want "bang for the buck." The bio-copper "pathway" is from a certain form of heavy metal toxic copper to the ATP7B enzyme to the ceruloplasmin enzyme, which is the bio-copper package in the human body. ATP7B needs magnesium and retinol to load up to 8 copper atoms into ceruloplasmin. So you will want magnesium and retinol to be flush in your diet and quality supplement regimen. Oh, and copper. NPK has no copper, either. In fact, you might have to generations back to find a time when food-based copper was in your diet, as opposed to heavy metal toxic copper found in birth control pills and devices, antibiotics, and leaching copper pipes. What food has lots of the proper form of copper? Pasteured beef liver. I eat an ounce a day as a supplement. I started out with lamb, which is more palatable, and then moved up to beef liver. It doesn't bother me too much now (still don't like it, though, just not repulsed by it anymore). Put on some cayenne and/or hot sauce and if makes it more palatable. I also ingest a lot of whole cream (berries, peaches, yerba mate tea) to get my retinol.
3. Stop eating and drinking magnesium and copper "torches," sodas being one of the worse. The high fructose corn syrup blocks copper absorption into the body and into the cell, assuming there is any copper to absorb! Sugar metabolism requires a lot of magnesium, and phosphoric acid puts a beat down on magnesium as well. "Foods" fortified with microscopic toxic iron filings also drive oxidative stress (and inflammation), and stunts ceruloplasmin-bound copper production, so avoid processed "foods." Eat REAL foods that don't come with labels. I know -- what a revolutionary idea -- eat what nature intended! The best scenario is to grow your own and load the soil with lots of nutrients and life to process the nutrients so the plants can uptake them and make them available to whomever eats the plants.
For context, insulin has 51 amino acids and growth hormone has about 350 amino acids, but ceruloplasmin has 1046 amino acids, and needs 8 coppers to be fully functional. It just may be the most sophisticated enzyme in existence, bar none! I can't verify this because there is no list of enzymes in descending order of complexity. Hmmmmm... what could be more important to wellness and well being? Note the research that showed ceruloplasmin-bound copper was so powerful it completely resolved 13 out of 30 schizophrenics! Another 13 were significantly improved -- that's almost a 90% cure or significantly improve rate! Why isn't it promoted by Big Medicine? Its use in humans was criminalized, and your doctor doesn't know what it is because s/he wasn't taught it. Rhesus monkeys were given ceruloplasmin right after LSD, and their LSD trip was summarily squashed by ceruloplasmin. This is some powerful stuff! It is not uncommon for sicker people to have almost nearly 2/3 less ceruloplasmin than study subjects in the 1940's.
Oh, ceruloplasmin translated into English means... "blue blood."
Anyway, there is a bit more, but that's an huge start. I know that not very encouraging to someone "down and out" who might feel a bit lost here. With no expectations, take some time to search and listen to Morley Robbins. He has lots of interviews all over the place, but youtube is a good place to start. Just listen.
Here is some introductory material, including some from Morley Robbins (I can't post links yet -- too new):
1. Search youtube for "Dr. Thomas Levy Iron in Cereal Video"
2. Start page search "Iron behaving badly: iron as contributor to inflammatory and degenerative diseases" Note, the author was literally knighted by the British Crown for his work on how much iron damages human tissues (and maximizes Empire profits without the "rabble" being able to "figure it out"!!)
3. Youtube "Morley Robbins - My Theory Of Everything"
4. Youtube "The Brain Science Behind Social Conflict And Depression"
So, I can't give you a sound bite, but I think I've given you information that can seriously improve the outcome of all future generations of your family line, if that's important to you.