User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Engine swap UPGRADE!

Looking to put a V6 in my 2003 GT. I will have the money and looking for help on what engine can fit. If i read correctly the three choices I have are:

1.) 2ZZ
2.) 3SGTE
3.) k20

If I could get some help that would be great! i'm going to start looking for a mechanic to do the work. All together is should be around 5,000 for parts and install including ECU and new intake and everything else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrodrigui View Post
Looking to put a V6 in my 2003 GT. I will have the money and looking for help on what engine can fit. If i read correctly the three choices I have are:

1.) 2ZZ
2.) 3SGTE
3.) k20

If I could get some help that would be great! i'm going to start looking for a mechanic to do the work. All together is should be around 5,000 for parts and install including ECU and new intake and everything else.

Either you've been playing too many video games or watching too much f&f. a v6 in a 7th gen celi??

Only thing I know thats close to that I know of is someone swapping a 2jz in the celi. But that project is just only starting to come together, still a work in progress... look up suprica on youtube.

Want to try a gt4 motor (3sgte) in the 7th gen? Luckily for you, its been done. Google Fensport Celica from UK. But highly unlikely you can get it done for a mere $5,000.

A k20 you say? Do I need to venture down this road? Especially not for your $5,000 budget...

Seems like you need to start reading up, buddy.

Honestly, if you really want to swap motors, go for the 2zz. Its a celica motor and the swap will be well within your budget.
A little extra hp to start you off and you'll fall in love with LiFT

Now, if you want to get into something really interesting.. Take a look at this thread. This is what happens when a Subaru WRX STi mates with a 7th gen Celica. Enjoy
Project Celaru STi - NewCelica.org Forum

Last edited by INFAMOUS_GT; 08-18-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page