User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Hey everyone, hope you can help.

This weekend I went to crank my 2000 Celica GT and when it cranked it showed that there was no gas in it. I had put gas in it the day before, so I knew there was some. I examined the garage floor to ensure that there was no gas that had leaked out of it. There wasn't anything.

So today, I top it off to make sure there is gas and I notice that the power locks aren't working. They aren't working from the console or when you are outside the car and use the key and turn it twice.

I checked the fuses and they aren't blown. I am not sure whether these problems are somehow connected or if they happened to pop up at the same time. I am thinking that the fuel sender unit might be broken... Not sure. However, it did get me to work today.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 PM

I am having the same problem now, can u please tell me what is the solution, please!
#3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:38 AM

(Thread Starter)

QUOTE (*Frosty* @ Aug 28 2010, 08:32 PM)
Quote:
I am having the same problem now, can u please tell me what is the solution, please![/B]
For my car the issue was the body control unit was bad (BCU). The BCU is located inside the car by the passenger left kick panel. I ordered a BCU off a totaled Celica. Took apart the cluster by the stereo and gear changer to access the BCU. It is a simple wire harness or two that plugs into the BCU. I switched them out and poof everything worked. Make sure you unplug the battery when you do that repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page