Is a Celica a good first car? - Page 2 - Toyota Celica Forum
View Poll Results: Is a celica a good first car?
Yes 20 90.91%
No 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CeliGrl

Quote:
Originally posted by Acilec@Aug 18 2005, 11:15 PM
It comes down to this, if you plan on racing and doing a considerable amount of performance work to the car for racing purposes and spending alot of money there, than get a manual.
I totally agree now that he should get an automatic if any celica for that matter. I can't say it wouldn't be a good first car because my first car costed more than a celica and it was used. I am also very responsible and paid for it myself though.

Acilec: This is the only part I disagree with. I don't do any amount of racing, but I traded my crapmatic just for the pleasure and more fun drive. I'm not trying to dis the auto's especially because I had one myself, but whether racing or not, manual is way more fun. It doesn't bother me all that much in traffic, which we do get a ton of here.

But anyway, in your case Silent, you should try and get an Auto GT as your first car. You won't be dissapointed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Acilec Send a message via MSN to Acilec

I wasnt suggestion you do or dont race CeliGirl...I was emphasizing that if he PLANS to race, a manual is almost necessity. I agree with you, manuals are fun to drive, since you actually do everything yourself, but I dont think that the manual cheapens the automatic. Its all about preference, traffic is heavy where I am, and I got a good deal on my car, so auto is no big deal to me, and for a beginner stick can be very intimidating and confusing, its not till later most people enjoy it, that was my insinuation.

Looks fast? Yes it does friends, thats the point of a bodykit. Thus, I never have to speed! I do it for recreation.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Guru

Send a message via AIM to CeliGrl

Quote:
Originally posted by Acilec@Aug 19 2005, 01:18 AM
I wasnt suggestion you do or dont race CeliGirl...I was emphasizing that if he PLANS to race, a manual is almost necessity. I agree with you, manuals are fun to drive, since you actually do everything yourself, but I dont think that the manual cheapens the automatic. Its all about preference, traffic is heavy where I am, and I got a good deal on my car, so auto is no big deal to me, and for a beginner stick can be very intimidating and confusing, its not till later most people enjoy it, that was my insinuation.
Yea, I hear ya. When I got my first Celica it was a great deal and I was in the New Jersey/NYC area so auto was definetly a plus then One thing I like about this site, unlike Nc.org is that people appreciate the auto's more. I used to get flamed to **** with my old Celi on that site. Not that it matters, but it was quite annoying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

I would give my left nut for an automatic
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to Jackman00GTS

I say go for what best fits you too. I wouldn,t neccesarily say go get an auto tho cause your inexperienced. I learned to drive on a stick car and i do fine. I learned on a 500 hp mustang too. lol But serioulsy whatever you get just make sure you are comfortable with your ability to drive it before you go scootin all around town. And now for a lecture. Ha Ha but for real, dont go racin around in town all the time man. Take if from someone who knows, i wont get into to details but i was racing about a year ago and ended up rolling my car. My best friend was in the car with me and got messed up pretty bad. That wears on ya man. So do it in the right place at the right time. and WEAR YOUR FREAKIN SEATBELT! ok no more lecture, sorry

"Have you seen my Bonch!?"
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Old Timer

ALWAYS wear your seatbelt... I know it's not "cool" or whatever, but it can save your life. Putting mine on is a reflex for me, I don't even realize I've done it. One time I got in the celica, started her up, and then realized I left something in the house. I tried to get out of the car and nearly fell onto the driveway and strangled myself! I had put it on and didn't even realize it til I tried to get out.

I think an auto GT or even GT-S would be fine for him, though he may speed trying to hit lift in the GT-S. He could always sell it when he turns 18 and get a manual then... Or forget about the celica for now, get something else that's older and cheaper and he can practice on and then get a celica when he's a bit older and more experienced.

You made some good points Acilec...

2001 GT-S Sport Shift - mods in profile

Meryem's (((HUGGY))) copyrighted by Toyotacelicas.com.

|
|
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

rude comments aren't welcome here.

Silent, don't judge people based on one single thing such as religion. I'm pissed that the US is at war after a zillion people got killed in the bombings but Meryem didn't do it so don't take it out on her. She actually lives in NY for half of the year and she was greatly effected by the bombings. Any more comments like that and you can find yourself a new site to be an a$$hole on.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Kalizo

Hey, I think you need watch your mouth you little punk. I seriously doubt that Mer was the one pulling the trigger. I'm sorry for your loss but this isn't the place for that crap!

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Guru

Is this "silent" person kidding?!?! Where the H does that come from? We're talking about seatbelts man! silent needs to go on somewhere with all that mess! (outa' nowhere!)
Meryem13, that story is hilarious. I did that once too.

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to tripb101

Celica is only a 4 banger but she can go, not to mention they turn heads, and any stick is faster than auto.

do unto others what has been done unto you.

my fear is naked and im naked and fearless because my fear is naked.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page