User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)

I just bought a 1995 Celica GT:

******1995 Toyota Celica GT*****

and everything seems to be ok (I hear a very slight tic while the engine is idling but I think it is normal and will be taking it to a mechanic to be check out to be sure)

The reason for the thread is while test driving the car it was raining (the car has a sun roof) and there were no leaks and all seemed good to go. I bought the car, took it home and parked it. Today I went to take the car for a spin and see how the car responded to a bit of accelerator flooring (fun) and when I hit the brakes I got a nice cold splash of water on the top of my head. A bit lengthy to ask this simple question: What could cause water to pour onto my head while braking (was not a little bit of water probably close to 1/4 to 1/2 a cup) but not leak while driving in the rain? I have read a bit about the drain filters or something like that, but it does not seem to be the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to rubbachicken893

QUOTE (Arsaces @ Oct 1 2010, 12:24 AM)
Quote:

and everything seems to be ok (I hear a very slight tic while the engine is idling but I think it is normal and will be taking it to a mechanic to be check out to be sure)

The reason for the thread is while test driving the car it was raining (the car has a sun roof) and there were no leaks and all seemed good to go. I bought the car, took it home and parked it. Today I went to take the car for a spin and see how the car responded to a bit of accelerator flooring (fun) and when I hit the brakes I got a nice cold splash of water on the top of my head. A bit lengthy to ask this simple question: What could cause water to pour onto my head while braking (was not a little bit of water probably close to 1/4 to 1/2 a cup) but not leak while driving in the rain? I have read a bit about the drain filters or something like that, but it does not seem to be the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.[/B]
#3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to rubbachicken893

QUOTE (Arsaces @ Oct 1 2010, 12:24 AM)
Quote:

The reason for the thread is while test driving the car it was raining (the car has a sun roof) and there were no leaks and all seemed good to go. I bought the car, took it home and parked it. Today I went to take the car for a spin and see how the car responded to a bit of accelerator flooring (fun) and when I hit the brakes I got a nice cold splash of water on the top of my head. A bit lengthy to ask this simple question: What could cause water to pour onto my head while braking (was not a little bit of water probably close to 1/4 to 1/2 a cup) but not leak while driving in the rain? I have read a bit about the drain filters or something like that, but it does not seem to be the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.[/B]
#4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 06:24 PM

(Thread Starter)

Why you put what I put twice?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page