Toyota Celica Forum banner

Exel's Official 1992 Toyota Celica GT-S Project Thread

62K views 212 replies 26 participants last post by  rickkerny 
#1 ·
Well..

I found one.

A pretty good condition 1992 Toyota Celica GT-S. Excited to start working on it!

Here's some pictures.

Already working on it! Getting it smogged either tomorrow or Friday!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am.
Only thing I'm thinking is I don't want the ST to look like crap when I sell it, nor I want my GT-S to have two colors, lol.

So I need to figure some stuff out. :)

#11 ·
Excel, this is exactly why I love you. You make the best build threads out of everyone else here. You add tons of pictures and you are dam serious about doing the build.

I mean, I get a new car, first thing I do is change the oil. Not you though, first thing, pull the whole dam engine out and check it thoroughly to make sure it lasts forever. Holy Sh-t

I love that dual exhaust, looks like you need a little body work on the driver's side fender and possible bumper though. I really like that color.

Looking forward to seeing this progression.

Congrats on the new car :)

#12 ·
Hey, thanks buddy! Appreciate it!

Might as well go all out from the get go! :)

You know what? I kind of like it too.
I might just keep that one, although I do like my Mangaflow one that's on my ST.. hm..

Also, the fender and bumper are actually straight! The reflection in that picture plays tricks on you! It did on me. :p

The only thing wrong with the front side is the bumper has a paint chip on the bottom (the white part) and there's small scratches in some a few parts of the car, but the body is straight. :)

I like the color as well so maybe in the future I will just repaint it the same color.

Thanks again!

#15 ·
Have not forgotten about this. :)

So excited to drive it! Soon..

For now, more updates.

Cleaned up the transmission a bit..

Some more pictures of the engine getting put back together..

Some of the engine with my car..

New axles..

Hey..

:)

#18 ·
I was looking for matte black XXR 530s for my black celica, but yeah.. similar. :p

Some pictures of them on the car..

Needs a good drop..

How much do you guys think?

I'm running 225/45/17

1.5" drop?

#24 ·
So I'm getting a CEL 2 and CEL7 check engine light code.

Any idea what it could be?

CEL 2 - Air Flow Meter signal.
CEL 7 - Throttle Position Sensor signal.

#25 ·
I figured out the engine light code, it was not 2 and 7, it was 27. Oxygen Sensor.

Getting that fixed soon.

But for now, have some more updates.

When I got this car, 0/10 of the speakers were working.

Now I'm at 11/10 working.

If you're wondering why 11/10, one of my rear tweeters isn't working, but my subwoofer works. :p

#29 ·
Here's a picture of the car last week, before the drop and some other stuff..

When I was first looking into the audio system.. as I wasn't sure if they cut the harness or not or what was going on back there because the stereo wasn't working and neither were the door speakers.

Anyway..

Another one before the drop..

I unfortunately got the GT-S without the voltage meter thingy thing.. so I changed my cluster.

The day after I dropped it, I think.. still needed an alignment. :p

And here is the most recent picture I have..

I've done quite a few things in these two weeks..

I got an alarm installed with all the good stuff, got my Touch Screen Radio / GPS player on my car, got an amp to power up my speaker doors, ran 4-gauge wire for my subwoofer setup, upgraded my subwoofer amp as the other one was going out, swapped GT-S cluster for better GT-S cluster, got some floor mats for the car, swapped all speakers with the ones I had on my ST, fixed the hatch light (it wasn't working when I got the car), added a brighter LED light to the dome light, fixed the glove box light as it wasn't working when I got the car.. I believe the only light that doesn't work is the cigarette circle light thingy but meh.. anyway.. clear corner lights, clear blinker lights, XXR wheels, alignment and of course, coilovers. :)

Maybe some more stuff I might have missed, but I'm excited to keep working on this car.

#31 ·
man your pimping this baby out! I just got all caught up on everything you have done to it! I just bought myself 1992 GT and im in love with these cars now. I have already done a little bit of work but it was in good shape already. reading this motivates me to keep pumping money into my project haha Keep us updated!

Cheers

#32 ·
Wow, I'm quite jealous! If Only I had the money to put into mine!!! I still need to put door speakers in mine... Do you have the speaker 10 system, or did you have to custom put speakers into your door cards?

#33 ·
@Nathan Groulx

Congrats on the Celica! These are awesome cars! And they last forever if they're taken care of. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be more than happy to help out.
@Red93Gt

Yeah, it takes a bit of time and work but it's totally worth it!
Oh and the GT-S comes with the System 10! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.