DLZ suspension parts from ebay, anyone have them on their car? - Toyota Celica Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default DLZ suspension parts from ebay, anyone have them on their car?

Well i ordered a suspension kit of ebay, the kit comes with front ball joints, tie rod inner and outer, and sway bar end links...

After doing more research about these DLZ parts, i found out they were made in china and some other guy on the tundra forum, his lower ball joint completely came apart while he was driving.. the ball joint he used was a DLZ part from ebay...

Now im kinda scared to get these parts installed, hoping someone here has been using these DLZ balljoints or tie rods for a while with no problems..

Heres a pic of his car if anyone wanted to see it..

1990 celica gt-s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to garrisonboobs

yikes that sucks. how much are the ebay kits?

Garry 1992 Toyota Celica ST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Guru

(Thread Starter)

Suspension Toyota Celica 90 93 Ball Sway Tie Rod End | eBay

This is the kit i bought, pretty cheap parts.. i just need to install the inner and outer tie rods, thought might as well do balljoints but i dont know if i should now, maybe ill just get the tie rods installed..

1990 celica gt-s

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to garrisonboobs

thats not bad of a price. well how many bad reviews were there? I'm sure the ones for the celi will be ok.

Garry 1992 Toyota Celica ST

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Guru

(Thread Starter)

dont think there were that much bad reviews, did more research this morning and found people on the dodge pick up forums talking about the tundra balljoint failure lol... they were talking about the tundra guys balljoint failing probably be because of over torqued bolt or because his truck was lifted.... i know one guy said something like "oh crap i had these parts on my car for 2 years"...

well the parts i got in the mail look alright in quality, a little bit cheap since the letters on the bolts look very cheaply printed on..

i guess ill just use the inner and outer tie rods for now, if my ball joints boot is ripped im going to replace it, i already put on the rear sway bar end links and will probably do the fronts when i put in the new rotors and breaks..

if my car breaks down or something ill let u guys know, hopefully i wont have too..

1990 celica gt-s

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Guru

ive had a cheap tie rod end pull right out of the rack once. was from canadian tire store. now when i buy ''safety'' parts such as those. i make sure i dont cheap out. Maybe you could install them, but i would monitor them closely to make sure you dont put lifes at risk.
These cheap part manufacturers should be brought to justice. can you imagine a ball joint or tie rod breaking on the highway !!! capitalism is really going overboard...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Guru

(Thread Starter)

dude im scared now.. did this happen on ur celica?? im gonna see how much toyota wants for inner and outer tie rods, hopefully it wont be too much..

1990 celica gt-s

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Guru

(Thread Starter)

alrighty... well i called into toyota and they want $315 for the inner tie rod end and $45 for the outter tie rod in... i asked him again for the price of the inner tie rod end and yes he did say $315..... seriously?? $315 for a toyota inner tie rod metal bar??

1990 celica gt-s

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Guru

You don't have to buy the OEM toyota. just don't get the cheap one. I had to cut mine off to change the suspension, and when i went to the store they only had the EL CHEAPO one. so i had no choice to take it. i thought it would not last long, but never thought it would just pull right out.
Luckily it was on an ice patch in a parking, but it could have been very dangerous otherwise.

just get the best quality one from aftermarkets. that's what i have now and they seem good. i think it was like 40$ for the outer. but i live in Canada, everything is overexpensive here, you could probable get the same one for 30 in the u.s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page