Difference between 20r and 18rc - Toyota Celica Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
glad_u

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have both a 74 and 75 celica ... apparently the guy i bought the 75 celica off of rebuilt the engine 500 miles ago and i dont know the kilometers on the 18rc (74 celica) what are the major performance differences between the 2 .... is it worth it to switch to the 20r right now or should i just use the 18rc ......what engine would be easier to find performance parts or options (fuel injection, duel carbs, turbo etc)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
dc10mech

everything is different between the 2, You should try and put an 18rg in if you can find one and have the money for it. But the 18rg is the performance engine for it. check out Classic-Celica.com, those guys know alot about the types of engines and stuff.

#3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
airfireman1

dc10mech is right, the 18rg is a much better choice. Even though they are getting a bit old they are a much better motor.
18rg has a twin overhead camshaft design with twin Mikuni solex carbies (similar to 40dcoe webers). It has a cross flow cylinder head and stronger con rods and high compression pistons (9.75 to 1) Hemispherical combustion chamber. Around 135 hp in stock condition and have been known to produce 300 with some forged pistons and forced induction.
Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page