Mod help for a newbie? - Toyota Celica Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Mod help for a newbie?

Hi, I have a 02 Celica GTS and I have very little knowledge of performance parts so please be explanatory with your answers. So it has aftermarket exhaust, headers, and a large cold air intake. I didn't do any of that work, so that's all I know about it. There has been made room for a turbo, which is something I really want to do, but I have no idea what all needs to be done along WITH the turbo. I know that alot of OEM **** can get blown/car wont run right even with a tune if you've got a turbo with all other basic parts.
Ultimately, what all do I need to mod on the car to put the turbo in, and get proper performance?
Preferred brands are welcome.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You need a lot, and short cutting will only ruin your car.

You need a standalone ECU like a Power FC with a turbo program on it, an intercooler, all necessary intercooler piping, a turbo header to allow room to mount the turbo, the turbo itself, a custom made downpipe from turbo to your exhaust system, a blow off valve, around 800cc injectors, a 250 liter/minute fuel pump, either a Moroso oil pan or a return line bung welded onto your stock pan, all necessary oil/water fittings and converters for the turbo, and an upgraded stage 2 clutch.

For part/brand suggestions: Intercooler - Mishimoto Z-line, turbo header - 'turbo kits.com header', turbo - a TD04 if you're on a budget or a Garret GT2860, injectors - MWR brand, fuel pump - Deatschwerks 255 lpm available on MWR website, blow off valve - Tial brand recirculating type, ECU - Power FC or AEM EMS with MWR program/loom, clutch - Exedy Stage 2.

You're looking at between $3000 and $5000 depending on how much work you do yourself and the level of parts you buy. At 8 psi, almost 300hp is possible.

2000 GTS 6-speed. Performance Mods: Apexi Power FC, BC Racing DR coilovers, Injen CAI, Catback exhaust, EBC 'USR' rotors, Hawk 'Street/Race' pads, Stoptech brake/clutch lines, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Exedy stage 2 clutch, Mishimoto radiator, Moroso oil pan, 11# flywheel, Braille 11.5# car battery, Energy urethane suspension/motor bushings, BFGoodrich G-force tires.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page