i cant stress this enough - Toyota Celica Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Old Timer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)

for the love of god. if you want to race go to the dragstrip, autocross or roadcourse. im tired of seeing everyone who modifies a car getting a bumn wrap because of a handful of morons who go out and race around on public roads. street racing doesnt prove how fast a car is, because there arent any accurate measurements being taken. and i know that your car is fast because theres lots of pep, zip and oomph, but if you dont have anything to back up your claims. ie. a timeslip, you dont have a fast car you just think you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to stspiffy

thank you, somebody that finally makes sense
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Old Timer

i wish here could be nice open track close... but no
oh well here isnt cars to race anyways

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

Everything is OK with Vodka ; )

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to pinamichael

HNKNROB IS RIGHT! NO SLIP NO PROOF!!

IT'S NEVER IMPOSSIBLE!
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 06:58 PM

u dont need proof...when you street race, you dont use a stopwatch, you concerned about beating the other guy. So if u street race, u wont have any numbers to brag about in the first place. Street racing is fine as long as you do it when the traffic is low. There arent enough tracks to do it there.

Your car is "fast" if it beats the other car...especially if u race a stock car that is already fast.
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Guru

Send a message via MSN to johnson87

believe me if there was a track around here i would be there, but there aren't any. and on top of that there is something about toasting an arrogant and complete stranger at a stop light.
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Old Timer

street racing is more than that. it can go on for however short or long you want it to. i raced my friends prelude and it lasted about a mile cause we were dead even the whole way. plus, street racing is all about home grown competition, at the track you have guys that are all about their "street legal" 9 sec cameros...thats not fair racing. racing does have its places and times, and certinaly safety is of huge importance. but street racing is never the same, its always changing and its always a challenge, never the same lights, never the same people around you so its always the same rush. at the track, you get to know the numbers, and you eventally loose the rush that you had the first 5 runs becasue now all your doing is racing the clock...

just my 2 cents tho, ive raced the track, highway and street. i choose highway because its a lot safer and no need to worry about stopping traffic...but thats just me

post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to TicketBoy Send a message via Yahoo to TicketBoy

Quote:
when you street race, you dont use a stopwatch, you concerned about beating the other guy[/B]
Thats right when it comes down to it, you wanna say, "Your honda still sucks!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to pinamichael

i understand everyone view, expecially ticketboys! but the only respect u can really earn is on the track. sure u can be the best on the street but what about that one guy the has the fastest street legal car but only runs it at the track. he gonna call u out one day and then u gonna say thats not fair ur cars faster than mine

IT'S NEVER IMPOSSIBLE!
post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Old Timer

but you got to understand the definition of "street legal" when it comes to the track. All that means is it has headlights, taillights and blinkers and im not sure but maybe run on pump gas. Thats really not street legal to me, to dont drive it to the the track, they roll it into a big trailer. So theres no possiable way that hes going to say "lets race on the streets".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page